Retreat

synapses

Bright idea of the moment
A retreat for qarrtsiluni contributors, somewhere in North America, sometime in 2007

What we would do
1. Sit in the darkness, wait for something to burst
2. Blog about it

Reactions?

1. A great fantasy. If I could beam there, I’d be there… Flying too costly for me and planet…

2. I’m absolutely enthralled by this image!!

As for a retreat, I’m like Tall Girl…

3. Rachel – I knew you’d be game!

Tall Girl – Perhaps we could have simultaneous retreats in North America and the U.K.

marja-leena – You couldn’t take a train?

4. Well,” somewhere in North America” includes where Marja-Leena lives, no?

Anyway, sounds like fun! Place and time depending, of course.

5. I’m enthralled by the image too. And the idea. Am rapidly running out of available funds and time, but so what’s new?

6. Hell yeah.

(Perhaps some Webcam-radery for our multicontinental coterie?)

Work will make my travel-for-fun life difficult, but hopefully not impossible. (And if it’s in Moab or mountains, I’ll serve up any excuse needed.)

:-)

7. leslee – Yup. Great!

Gina Marie – Please do. I think you’ll find our guest editors (currently Lori and Pica) a pleasure to correspond with. We try to treat everyone with gratitude and respect.

Pica – Well, if we do pull this off, and you are able to attend, I expect we’ll want to include a sketch crawl, too.

Larry – It’s the wall of a limestone cave in Central PA. I took the photo with a flash, then messed around with the negative in post-processing. If we could get a cave to ourselves for a few hours, I think that would be ideal.

Lori – Certain portions could be recorded, yes. For example, we’d probably want to wind up the retreat with a public reading or performance of some sort. That could certainly be recorded for web publication.

8. that is some photo Dave…I had decided it might be ice and I guess some of it is.

9. Zhoen – Yeah, if you’re moving back to Utah, I guess that wouldn’t be too far (at least in western terms). I don’t know what they have in the way of caves there, though. We might have to settle for an abandoned uranium mine. :

quiet regular – Nope, all stone. That’s deep inside Woodward.