- Best and Worst Ads of 2016: The Things We Can’t Unsee (Wall Street Journal)
Weapons manufacturer Lockheed Martin has been targeting children with propaganda, and the WSJ thinks that’s just great.
- The best and biggest memes of 2016 (The Daily Dot)
The Romans had bread and circuses; we have pizza and memes.
- Top 10 Food and Restaurant Trends of 2016 (Forbes)
Not bullshit hipster fads like food trucks and artisanal salt, but actual trends.
- Best in Beer 2016: Readers’ Choice & Editors’ Picks (Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine)
Holy hell, people. It’s just beer.
- The 20 games you shouldn’t miss in 2016 (Boing Boing)
I don’t like playing video games, but I love reading about them.
- The Listening Chaos: Year-End Chaos, Part V (Indy Metal Vault)
The five best metal albums of 2016 as chosen by a poet and English professor in Indianapolis.
- Best Books of 2016 (Goodreads)
Some best-of lists stop at 25 or 100. Wimps! Here are the 1,154 best books published in 2016.
- The 11 Best Viral Videos of 2016 Out of the 12 I Knew About (Paste)
“One thing that can be said about 2016 is: It had some viral videos in it.”
- The Best (and Worst) New Yorkers of 2016 (Village Voice)
Subway Dog would’ve made such a great president. Sigh.
- Favorite poetry books of 2016: a crowd-sourced compendium (Via Negativa)
Poetry lovers. We’re here, we’re sincere, get used to it.