Things seen today:
- fog and rain
- a map to the mythical land of Generica
- 18th-century engravings of human fetuses just before birth, looking very peaceful and wise inside their mothers’ cross-sectioned bodies
- a dozen flickers hopping around on the lawn like robins while a hen turkey wandered across the field behind them and the sun broke though the clouds
- mist rising from the springhouse roof
- daffodils in bloom around the old dog statue, which is beginning to acquire the faintest tinge of green
- a slow fly.
The photos, however, were both taken on Monday.