Chicago

photographer in Chicago

Right, so I’m in Chicago.

occupy your bedroom

My bedroom is directly underneath this billboard. I’ve been occupying the hell out of it.

Via Negativa authors

But best of all, at the conference I met Luisa Igloria for the first time! And many other wonderful people, of course.

1. Hmm. So you’re at a snoring clinic. Being disciplined in the art of snoring. By a leather-helmeted hunk with two horns to his head. Has the treatment included racking? Since, from that picture of you with Luisa it becomes obvious that you are unnaturally tall. Still, it’s obviously fun!

1. Is heighted a word? That fellow with horns must have done something to you.

1. I mean, I wasn’t the one doing anything unnatural, like bending the knees for this picture; I was standing perfectly straight.

2. Love the pics, Dave, and love seeing you and Luisa together!

3. How perfect to see this great photo of the two of you here!

4. :-) Oh. That last picture warms the cockles of my heart. Cochleae cordis. Snails of my heart. Whatever. I want a print of it to put on my wall.

5. must be fantastic to meet after such a long time meshing words =)
    best wishes to you both. j

1. It was great to meet Dave in person at last; and Ann Michael and Todd Davis too :)

6. i don’t know if i could ever survive something as massive & crowded as AWP, but it is nice to see the two of you together!

1. Survive? I think you’d flourish. Nothing but misfits here. Also, as someone pointed out today, the majority of name tags don’t list any affiliation, meaning, I think, that non-academic attendees out-number academics.

7. Yes, so cool to see Dave and Luisa together in person after all this time! Looks like a fun time – enjoy the conference and whatever amount of Chi-town you’re actually getting to see beyond the snoring center.

1. Thanks! It was a great week. Unfortunately, the snoring center’s magic didn’t extend to the train ride home. But I’ll catch up tonight.

8. I’m so glad you went. What a great time!